Mercosur Members Countries and Associated Countries Temporary Residence
(Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Perú, Uruguay, Venezuela, Guyana and Surinam.)
1. RESIDENCE FOR NATIONALITY
IF YOU ARE A NATIVE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:
PLURINATIONAL STATE OF BOLIVIA,
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BRAZIL
REPUBLIC OF CHILE,
REPUBLIC OF COLOMBIA
REPUBLIC OF ECUADOR,
REPUBLIC OF PARAGUAY
REPUBLIC OF PERU,
ORIENTAL REPUBLIC OF URUGUAY
REPUBLIC BOLIVARIANA OF VENEZUELA, or is born in a country NOT MERCOSUR but is naturalized in some countries: BRAZIL, URUGUAY, PARAGUAY, CHILE, BOLIVIA and has FIVE (5) years on it as benefit, MAY APPLY FOR 2 (TWO) YEARS OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE.
PERSONAL DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
- IDENTITY: Identity Card, Passport or Certificate of Citizenship with photo, originals. These documents must be in force and in good condition and submitted.
- CERTIFICATE OF ARGENTINE CRIMINAL RECORDS
Issued by the National Registry of Reoffend, or Federal Police. Only requires to those over 16 years.
- CERTIFICATE OF LACK OF CRIMINAL RECORD issued by the competent authorities of the countries where they have resided for a period exceeding ONE (1) year, during the course of the last THREE (3) years. Only requires to those over 16 (sixteen) years.
- AFFIDAVIT of lack of criminal record in other countries (it will be produce in migration at the time of application for residence).
- ENTRY. Country entry seal stamped to a travel document or migration card.
- CERTIFICATE OF DOMICILE OR AN INVOICE OF ANY PUBLIC SERVICE WITH YOUR NAME (ABL, electricity, water or gas)
- SETTLING TAX: MERCOSUR $600 + $60 DNI
- ONE 4X4 COLOR PHOTO (It must be current, taken from the front, half bust, with the head completely uncovered, color, white even background, allowing appreciate faithfully and in all its fullness the holder's facial features when manage the procedure).
MINORS: That foreigner, who was under eighteen (18) years, shall be authorized by one of his parents. This may be subscribed before the competent authority abroad, with their respective consular legalization, before notary public on national territory or an agent of the National Direction when starting the application for residence during which he must be present. In this instance the parent must prove legal residence in Argentina Republic and their link with the minor’s legalized birth certificate. If accompanied by a guardian, this must be regular resident in the country and demonstrate with the corresponding public document the child’s custody. In the case that was made abroad, it must be legalized by consular Argentina authority.
• All documents issued abroad must have the legalization of the Argentine Consulate, located in the country issuing the document Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, or Apostille, if the country has ratified the Hague Convention or legalized on the consulate of the country issuing the document in Argentina, only for MERCOSUR.
• All documents issued in a foreign language must have the Spanish translation made by National Public Translator (Section 6 Law No. 20.305) and legalized by the Translators Association, except Portuguese language for Brazil.
• The documents submitted should be original. The National Direction of Migration may require, if deemed necessary, additional documentation to those detailed before.
|Download PDF Nationality